Tired of seeing the same face every time you start Poser Pro 2012? Why not customize it with an image of your own? It’s easy, all you need is a graphics program capable of reading & saving psd files (I know you have one after all you are a graphic artist!).
Let’s get started:
- Firstly create your image. Your image should be sized no larger than 800 x 600
- Now find & open the splash file at (Windows Users) : Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\ui\30000_credits_splash.psd
- At this point you have 2 choices, you can backup the original file as you choose; I save it with an extension of _ORIG, or you can simply layer your image into the file as directed below & mark the default layer invisible prior to saving.I prefer to backup the original and use a fresh copy just to keep the file size down to reduce loading time. It probably is only an infinitesimal amount of extra load time with the layers but if you want to change often that can build up.
- Now find Layer 30510 and put your personal image there.
- You may notice that layer 3 has a copy of the lower banner that you would use on your image if you choose.
- That’s it! Now just save this new image psd as 30000_credits_splash.psd. The next time you start PP2012 you will see your spiffy new splash screen.
(black on lower section is just blotting out the serial #, it looks fine ;-] )
If you want to you may do the same for Layer 30511 which will change the image shown when you choose the “About” link that has your serial number.
I am fond of pink so I altered the banner colours slightly.